McLean Packs 250,000 Meals for Stop Hunger Now

November 12, 2012 8:46 PM0 comments

In three shifts over an eight-hour period last Saturday, more than 900 enthusiastic volunteers from Northern Virginia packaged 250,000 meals to help eradicate hunger worldwide.

The event, which took place at Luther Church of the Redeemer in McLean, benefited Stop Hunger Now, an international hunger relief organization that coordinates the distribution of food and other life-saving aid to countries around the world.

Stop Hunger Now sends 90 percent of the meals to schools in impoverished regions and the remaining 10 percent going to disaster relief areas. The 250,000 meals assembled in McLean are scheduled for delivery to Haiti, which was ravaged by an earthquake in January 2010.

Facebook Iconfacebook like buttonTwitter Icontwitter follow buttonGoogle+Google+