The Virginia Coalition for Open Government has given a sub par grade to the City of Falls Church for its compliance with Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and related “sunshine law” open government practices. The City received a grade of B from the organization, trailing neighbors Fairfax City (A+), Fairfax County (A) and Arlington (B+). Falls Church has been criticized for adopting the practice of limiting the “noticing” of some public meetings to two posted announcements on bulletin boards at City Hall and ceasing its long-term practice of producing a regular “City Focus” publication delivered to all City households.
- TJ Students Compete in Science Olympiad Tourney http://t.co/Dcl0wLsfkU # 6 mins ago
- Young Musicians & Safety Patrols Get Awards From Woman’s Club of McLean http://t.co/JLtVD0Wd03 # 27 mins ago
- 2 GOP Delegates from F.C. Attend State Convention http://t.co/1zwDs27UYB # 1 hour ago
- Cathy Ponton King to Play Benefit Show for Blues Fest http://t.co/XCYBLJv73Q # 1 hour ago
- F.C. Student Earns Prestigious Honor at Shenandoah U http://t.co/NhjGqcBFvv # 1 hour ago