The City of Falls Church’s Housing and Human Services Division announced this morning it’s accepting donations of school supplies for needy children through Monday, Aug. 23.
Some supplies needed include:
– Gift cards to stores that sell school supplies
– Large binders and backpacks (suitable for high school students)
– Tab page dividers
– Spiral notebooks
– Safety scissors
– Pencil pouches that fit into a three-ring binder
– Pens, pencils, crayons, markers, highlighters, and glue sticks
– Hand sanitizer and tissues (pocket size)
– Lunch boxes
– Healthy snack foods (individual serving size)
Donations may be dropped off Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. at the Housing and Human Services Division, located at 300 Park Avenue, Room 100 West in Falls Church. For more information, call 703-248-5005 (TTY 711) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.