News

Accidental Fire Completely Destroys McLean Home

A refrigerator malfunction caused a fire in a McLean home on Friday night that resulted in a complete loss of the residence, according to the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department. Firefighters responded to the house, a single-family home located at 1858 Massachusetts Avenue, and encountered heavy smoke and fire coming from the three-story home upon arrival.

According to a press release sent out about the fire, firefighters conducted an aggressive fire attack, however firefighters were not able to save any of the home due to the volume of the fire. A fire alarm went off, which alerted an adult female who was in the house at the time of fire to escape from a second floor bedroom.

Red Cross support was offered to woman, but she declined the assistance. She was transported to Arlington Hospital for non-life threatening injuries. The home was a complete loss.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*