News

Ashes Cause F.C. House Fire Resulting in $70,000 in Damage

(Photo: Courtesy of Andrew Page)
(Photo: Courtesy of Andrew Page)

Ashes caused a Falls Church house fire on Sunday, Feb. 7  that resulted in $70,000 in damage, according to the Falls Church Fire and Rescue Department. Firefighters responded to a single-family home located at 3329 Nevius Street on Sunday evening and encountered smoke and fire coming from the carport area of the ranch-style home upon arrival.

Firefighters conducted an aggressive fire attack and quickly extinguished the fire. The home had smoke alarms, but the alarms did not activate. A neighbor alerted occupants to the fire allowing the occupants to escape the home. Two occupants have been displaced and are receiving Red Cross support. One of the occupants received a minor burn injury and was transported to Fairfax Hospital.

According to fire investigators, the fire was accidental. Improperly disposed fireplace ashes in the outside carport area of the home caused the fire.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*