News

Accidental F.C. Fire Causes Over $90,000 in Damage

A fire at around 11:40 a.m. on Wednesday, March 30 at a high-rise condominium in Falls Church caused an estimated $93,750 in damage and displaced one person, according to a press release from the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department. The department said that the fire was accidental and caused by combustible materials being too close to the stove top heating element.

The department said that units responded to reports of the fire at 5505 Seminary Road late Wednesday morning and encountered fire and smoke coming from the kitchen area of single condominium home. Firefighters conducted an aggressive fire attack, according to the press release, and quickly extinguished the fire. No injuries were reported.

The home had working smoke alarms that sounded, alerting the lone occupant to the fire. Red Cross support was offered to the occupant, but declined. For more information and a list of kitchen safety tips, visit ffxfirerescue.wordpress.com.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*