One More Page Books (2200 N. Westmoreland St., Arlington) is hosting its first ever national observance of Bookstore Romance Day, titled “A Carnival of Love” on Aug. 17 starting at 10 a.m as fans will join to celebrate romance novels and the authors who write them.
There are multiple opportunities for volunteers interested in helping out seniors in the local Fairfax County area.
The role of Annie is played by Alyssa Kiffer and Dara Kearney, both rising eighth-graders.
Their owner only had this to say: “It’s the last time I leave them alone with Lion King playing in the background!”
Post 130 spokesman Harry Shovlin (Army) says “All veterans and their guests are invited to join us. You need not have served in a combat zone or overseas. As long as you swore allegiance to the United States and have worn the uniform of one of the branches of the United States military, you are welcome. You’re also welcome if you wore the uniform of one of our allies.”
Bloom joined Fairfax County Public Schools in 2012 as principal of Freedom Hill; prior to that, he served as an assistant principal in Prince William County and South Carolina.
FCPS was awarded $50,000 for a program at Justice High School to implement a curriculum to meet the instructional needs of English learners with little formal education.
The award is given to centers that have shown a strong commitment to customer satisfaction.
THE WARM, BREEZY WEATHER gave attendees just the right amount of time to down their free ice cream, with a playground on site as well so the children could immediately run out their sugar rushes before returning home.
For both those who are serious and for those who are just curious. 75 percent of tables offer some type of readings while the other 25 percent of tables offer related arts, crafts, books, oils, crystals, information and more.